Alicia Witt Biography
Alicia Roanne Witt, a greatly gifted film, tv, and phase actress, was born upon August 21, 1975, in Worcester, Massachusetts, USA. Raised in a household that motivated the arts, Witt's parents, Diane as well as Robert Witt, subjected her to a number of innovative pursuits from a very early age.
From made up tunes on the piano when she was simply four years old to winning classical piano talent competitions at a young age, Alicia has actually been a natural born player given that her childhood years. Alicia gained her senior high school equivalency diploma at age 14 and subsequently attended Boston University on a full scholarship. However her occupation in the show business was currently in full swing as her acting occupation started when she was found by David Lynch
at the age of seven.
In 1984, Alicia had her first acting role, an anonymous part in the prominent TV collection, "That's Incredible!" She then made her attribute film debut in David Lynch's
seriously well-known "Dune" (1984) as Alia. The young actress functioned once again with Lynch in his television series "Twin Peaks" (1990) as well as the innovator film, "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me" (1992), which facilitated her transition into adult roles. In the 90s, Witt appeared in several independent films like "Fun" (1994) for which she received a Special Jury Recognition award at the Sundance Film Festival. Alicia's function in "Four Rooms" (1995) as Madonna's child Kiva marked her first venture right into mainstream cinema. However, her development came in 1998 when she played the personality of Zoey Woodbine in the prominent television program "Cybill".
Throughout her job, Alicia has shared the screen with several of Hollywood's finest stars consisting of Al Pacino
in "88 Minutes" (2007), Sandra Bullock
in "Two Weeks Notice" (2002), and William H. Macy
in "The Cooler" (2003). She likewise located success with recurring duties in well-known television programs such as "The Walking Dead", "Friday Night Lights", and "The Sopranos".
Alicia's theatre duties have actually showcased her talent on stage. She made her West End debut in London in 2006 with a well-known efficiency in Terry Johnson's "Piano/Forte". Her phase existence was more developed in critically acclaimed performances in Neil LaBute's
"Reasons to be Pretty" off-Broadway and Sam Shepard's
"The Long Red Road" in Chicago.
Witt's complex career is not limited to acting, her musical jobs are additionally notable. Her self-titled initial extended play (EP) "Alicia Witt" was launched in 2009. She followed it up with "Live at Rockwood" in 2012 and an unabridged album, "Revisionary History", in 2015. As a singer-songwriter, Alicia has actually beautified stages across the United States, performing her original piano-driven popular song.
Remaining to prosper in her acting as well as music jobs, Alicia Witt's skill and also dedication have earned her acknowledgment and also regard from fellow artists and also target markets alike, as well as she stays an inspiration to several ambitious artists in the industry.
Our collection contains 16 quotes who is written / told by Alicia.
Related authors: Neil LaBute (Director), Madonna Ciccone (Entertainer), William H. Macy (Actor), Sam Shepard (Playwright), Lawrence Taylor (Athlete), Sandra Bullock (Actress), David Lynch (Director), Al Pacino (Actor)
- 1994 The Disappearance of Vonnie (Drama, Mystery, TV Movie)
- 1995 Four Rooms (Crime, Comedy)
- 1998 Urban Legend (Horror, Thriller)
- 2000 Cecil B. Demented (Thriller, Comedy, Crime)
- 2000 Playing Mona Lisa (Comedy)
- 2002 Ten Tiny Love Stories (Drama, Romance)
- 2002 American Girl (Comedy, Drama)
- 2010 Backyard Wedding (TV Movie, Comedy, Romance)
- 2010 Peep World (Comedy)
- 2011 Joint Body (Drama, Thriller)
- 2011 The Flight of the Swan (Drama)
- 2012 Cowgirls n' Angels (Drama, Family)
- 2012 Bending The Rules (Action, Drama)
- 2013 A Madea Christmas (Comedy, Drama)
- 2013 I Do (Drama)
- 2013 A Very Merry Mix-Up (TV Movie, Romance, Comedy, Drama)
- 2014 Christmas at Cartwright's (Romance, Family, Drama, TV Movie)
- 2014 Away From Here (Drama)
- 2015 I'm Not Ready for Christmas (Family, TV Movie, Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 2016 Christmas List (Comedy, Romance, TV Movie)
- 2016 Six LA Love Stories (Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 2017 The Mistletoe Inn (Drama, TV Movie, Romance)
- 2018 Mississippi Requiem (Drama)
- 2018 Urban Legacy: The Story Behind Urban Legend (Documentary, Horror)
- 2018 Spare Room (Drama)
- 2021 I Care a Lot (Comedy, Crime, Thriller, Drama)
- 2022 Alice (Thriller, Drama)