David Walliams Biography
David Walliams was birthed as David Edward Williams on August 20, 1971, in Merton, London, United Kingdom. He grew up in Banstead, Surrey, with his mom, Kathleen, a lab professional, and his daddy, Peter, a designer. Walliams showed a passion in acting as well as dramatization from a very early age, taking part in different plays as well as productions throughout his academic year. He attended Collingwood Boys' School as well as Reigate Grammar School prior to enlisting at the University of Bristol, where he examined drama and also graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 1992.
Early Career as well as Rise to Fame
While at university, Walliams was a part of the National Youth Theatre, where he satisfied his long-time comedy partner, Matt Lucas
. The duo would certainly go on to create numerous successful funny stage shows before making their tv debut in 1999 with the sketch program, "Rock Profile". Walliams as well as Lucas posed famous music stars, as well as the program garnered a cult complying with.
Nonetheless, it was their following task that would bring Walliams and also Lucas prevalent fame. In 2003, both co-created as well as co-wrote "Little Britain", a sketch funny show that showcased their series of characters and comical skills. "Little Britain" verified to be a substantial success, running for four seasons and also winning numerous awards, including numerous BAFTA Awards and also National Television Awards.
Beyond his collaboration with Lucas, Walliams has actually enjoyed a varied acting job, both on stage as well as display. He has actually shown up in countless movies, including the 2007 fantasy film "Stardust", alongside stars such as Claire Danes
, Robert De Niro
, and also Michelle Pfeiffer
. He also had a role in the highly-regarded BBC dramatization "Capturing Mary" in 2007, where he represented a mysterious boy named Greville White.
Onstage, Walliams has walk the boards in manufacturings like the Harold Pinter
play "No Man's Land" at the Duke of York's Theatre in London, in addition to the West End production of Michael Frayn's
play "Donkeys' Years".
In addition to his acting duties, Walliams has continued to work in television. He has actually acted as a court on the popular ITV truth competition collection "Britain's Got Talent" considering that 2012, where he has ended up being recognized for his kind-hearted as well as humorous method to the contestants.
Author as well as Philanthropist
Walliams has always been enthusiastic about composing as well as has actually enjoyed unbelievable success as a kids's writer. His very first publication, "The Boy in the Dress", was published in 2008 to important praise, as well as he has actually given that published many best-selling youngsters's publications, including "Mr. Stink", "Gangsta Granny", as well as "Ratburger". Most of his publications have been adjusted into phase productions and tv specials.
His commitment to literature has additionally led him to end up being an advocate for children's literacy, dealing with organizations like the National Literacy Trust to advertise and also motivate reading among youths.
David Walliams is also known for his charity job, specifically his involvement with Comic Relief, where he joined a number of fundraising events, consisting of swimming the English Channel and the River Thames.
Walliams wed Dutch version Lara Stone in 2010, and they had a boy with each other, called Alfred, in 2013. The couple, nevertheless, divorced in 2015. Walliams has been honest concerning his battle with psychological health, including experiences with anxiety as well as stress and anxiety, and his openness on the topic has aided increase recognition as well as minimize the preconception surrounding mental health and wellness.
Throughout his occupation, David Walliams has actually revealed his phenomenal range of abilities, from his comedic expertise to his acting skills and his success as a kids's writer. His philanthropic endeavors as well as openness concerning psychological health and wellness issues have actually made him a well-respected number in the general public eye and continue to motivate those around him.
Our collection contains 9 quotes who is written / told by David.
Related authors: Robert De Niro (Actor), Michelle Pfeiffer (Actress), Harold Pinter (Playwright), Lisa Snowdon (Model), Michael Frayn (Playwright), Claire Danes (Actress), Prince Andrew (Royalty), Lawrence Taylor (Athlete), Matt Lucas (Actor)
- 1999 The Kidnappers (Comedy)
- 1999 Plunkett & MacLeane (Action, Comedy, Drama)
- 2002 George Eliot: A Scandalous Life (TV Movie, Documentary)
- 2002 Cruise of the Gods (Comedy, Drama)
- 2003 Hello, Friend (Science Fiction)
- 2004 The Real Little Britain (Comedy, Documentary)
- 2005 Stoned (Drama)
- 2007 Capturing Mary (TV Movie, Drama)
- 2008 Frankie Howerd: Rather You Than Me (Drama, Comedy)
- 2010 The One Ronnie (Comedy)
- 2010 Dinner for Schmucks (Comedy)
- 2010 The Mighty Boosh: Journey of the Childmen (Documentary)
- 2011 Catherine Tate: Laughing at the Noughties (Documentary, Comedy)
- 2011 The Itch of the Golden Nit (Animation, Adventure, Family)
- 2012 The Genius of Roald Dahl (Documentary)
- 2012 Room on the Broom (Family, Animation)
- 2012 Great Expectations (Drama, Romance)
- 2013 Gangsta Granny (TV Movie, Comedy, Family)
- 2014 Pudsey the Dog: The Movie (Adventure, Comedy, Family)
- 2014 The Boy in the Dress (Drama, Family, Comedy)
- 2015 Dara Ó Briain Meets Stephen Hawking (Documentary)
- 2015 Little Britain Sketch (Comedy)
- 2016 Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em Sport Relief Special (Comedy)
- 2016 Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand (Comedy, Documentary)
- 2017 Ratburger (Adventure, Comedy, Family)
- 2017 Elton John: The Nation's Favourite Song (Music, History, Documentary)
- 2018 The Midnight Gang (Comedy, Family, TV Movie)
- 2018 Grandpa's Great Escape (War, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Family)
- 2019 It's Not the Robbie Williams Christmas Show (Music)
- 2019 Cinderella: After Ever After (Fantasy, Comedy, TV Movie)
- 2019 Murder Mystery (Action, Comedy, Mystery)
- 2020 Jack and the Beanstalk: After Ever After (Comedy, Family)
- 2020 Beverly Hills Bandits (Comedy)
- 2021 Hansel & Gretel: After Ever After (Fantasy, Family, Comedy)
- 2021 Chitty Flies Again (Documentary, TV Movie)
- 2021 Quentin Blake – The Drawing of My Life (Documentary)
- 2021 Rhythm of Life (Music)
- 2022 Gangsta Granny Strikes Again (Comedy, Family)
- 2022 The Tiger Who Came to Tea (Animation, Family)
- 2023 My Happy Ending (Drama)
Source / external links: