Gabrielle Union Biography
Gabrielle Monique Union was born on October 29, 1972, in Omaha, Nebraska, USA. She is the daughter of Theresa, a communications provider manager and also social worker, and also Sylvester Union, a former military sergeant. Gabrielle has two siblings called Tracy as well as Kelly, as well as a brother called David. Although her moms and dads divorced when she was a kid, she has actually maintained a strong connection with both.
Gabrielle's household transferred to Pleasanton, California when she was young. There, she participated in Foothill High School, where she excelled in sporting activities, especially football, track, as well as basketball. After graduating in 1991, she signed up at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, after that transferred to Cuesta College prior to at some point finishing her level in sociology at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
While still in university, Gabrielle interned at a modeling firm, where she was eventually authorized as a customer. She began her acting career with minor roles in popular tv collection like "Saved by the Bell," "Family Matters," "Moesha," as well as "7th Heaven" throughout the 1990s.
Her first significant duty came in 2000 when she was cast as a supporter in the teenager funny "Bring It On," together with Kirsten Dunst
. The movie was an industrial success, which aided move Gabrielle's acting career onward.
Throughout the very early 2000s, Gabrielle continued to go far for herself in both film as well as tv. She showed up in a number of successful films, consisting of "Love & Basketball" (2000), "Bad Boys II" (2003), and also "Cradle 2 the Grave" (2003). She additionally took on a recurring function in the prominent medical dramatization series, "ER," playing the personality Dr. Courtney Ellis.
In 2005, Gabrielle starred in the charming comedy "The Honeymooners," a modern adjustment of the classic 1950s television series. She continued her work in the romance category with the 2007 film "Daddy's Little Girls," directed by Tyler Perry
Gabrielle's success continued right into the 2010s, with looks in movies such as "Think Like a Man" (2012) as well as its follow up "Think Like a Man Too" (2014). In 2013, she was cast ahead function of the BET drama series "Being Mary Jane," which chronicled the life of an effective tv news anchor. The program premiered in 2014 and also was met vital recognition, earning her NAACP Image Award nominations for her performance.
Along with acting, Gabrielle has actually also been a speaker for numerous brands such as Neutrogena, Target, and also T-Mobile.
Advocacy as well as Advocacy
Gabrielle Union has actually been an outspoken supporter for different causes throughout her job, including sustaining victims of sexual offense and also increasing recognition regarding psychological wellness. In 2009, she shared her very own experience as a survivor of rape and also has continued to utilize her platform to uplift as well as urge various other survivors. In addition, she has actually been associated with different projects and also occasions related to bust cancer awareness and LGBTQ+ legal rights.
In 2001, Gabrielle wed NFL player Chris Howard; however, their marital relationship finished in divorce in 2006. She later on began dating NBA gamer Dwyane Wade, and also the pair married in 2014. They welcomed a child, Kaavia James, via surrogate in November 2018. In addition to being a mom as well as spouse, Gabrielle has actually additionally handled the duty of stepmother to Wade's three youngsters from previous connections.
Throughout her occupation, Gabrielle Union has actually remained a significant number in the show business, demonstrating her flexibility as an actress as well as utilizing her platform to advertise as well as defend different social reasons.
Our collection contains 4 quotes who is written / told by Gabrielle.
Related authors: Tyler Perry (Actor), Lawrence Taylor (Athlete), Kirsten Dunst (Actress)
- 2001 The Brothers (Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 2003 Bad Boys II (Adventure, Action, Comedy, Thriller, Crime)
- 2003 Deliver Us from Eva (Comedy, Romance)
- 2004 Breakin' All the Rules (Comedy, Romance)
- 2004 Hustle and Heat (Action, Thriller, Crime)
- 2005 Neo Ned (Drama, Romance)
- 2005 Say Uncle (Comedy, Drama)
- 2007 The Box (Action, Thriller, Crime)
- 2007 The Perfect Holiday (Comedy, Drama, Romance, Family)
- 2007 Daddy's Little Girls (Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 2008 Cadillac Records (Drama, History, Music)
- 2012 Good Deeds (Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 2012 Think Like a Man (Comedy, Romance)
- 2013 The Door (Romance)
- 2013 Miss Dial (Comedy)
- 2015 With This Ring (Comedy, Romance, Drama, TV Movie)
- 2015 The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar (Family, TV Movie, Animation)
- 2016 The Birth of a Nation (Drama)
- 2016 Almost Christmas (Comedy, Drama)
- 2017 Sleepless (Action, Crime, Thriller)
- 2018 Breaking In (Thriller, Crime, Action)
- 2019 The Public (Drama)
- 2020 Fearless (Family, Animation, Comedy)
- 2020 Sesame Street Elmo's Playdate: Scavenger Hunt
- 2021 Adele One Night Only (Music, Documentary)
- 2021 Live in Front of a Studio Audience: The Facts of Life and Diff'rent Strokes (Comedy, TV Movie)
- 2022 The inspection (Drama)
- 2023 The Perfect Find (Romance, Comedy)