Javier Bardem Biography
Early Life & Family Background
Javier Ángel Encinas Bardem was born on March 1, 1969, in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain. He was birthed right into a family with deep origins in Spanish movie theater. His mom, Pilar Bardem, was a popular starlet, as well as his daddy, Carlos Encinas, was a business person. Javier's grandparents, Rafael Bardem and also Matilde Muñoz Sampedro, were additionally stars, making the Bardem household a real acting dynasty in Spain. Javier has two brother or sisters, Carlos and Mónica, who also followed their household's steps, ending up being actors.
Maturing in an innovative and also artistic atmosphere, Bardem was subjected to the world of cinema at an early age. He showed up in his first film, "El Pícaro" (The Scoundrel), at the age of six. Nonetheless, he was not sure about his own course as well as discovered various other rate of interests, such as paint at the Escuela de Artes y Oficios in Madrid and playing rugby for the Spanish National Rugby Team.
In the very early years of his acting profession, Javier Bardem mainly concentrated on Spanish cinema and movie theater. He made his attribute film launching in 1990, starring in "Las edades de Lulu" (The Ages of Lulu). His efficiency in the film "Jamón, Jamón" (1992) captured the attention of Spanish supervisor Pedro Almodóvar
, who cast him in "Tacones lejanos" (High Heels) the very same year. Bardem took place to win the Spanish Actors Union Newcomer Award for his function in "Jamón, Jamón".
Bardem's global outbreak function came in 2000 when he starred in the seriously acclaimed Spanish movie "Before Night Falls", guided by Julian Schnabel. His representation of Cuban writer Reinaldo Arenas gained him his initial Academy Award nomination, making him the first Spanish actor to achieve such a task.
Adhering to the international success of "Before Night Falls", Bardem's occupation in Hollywood started to flourish. He starred alongside Tom Cruise
and Penélope Cruz in "Vanilla Sky" (2001) prior to going back to Spanish movie theater with the drama "Mondays in the Sun" (2002), which made him a Goya Award for Best Actor.
In 2007, Bardem reached a new peak in his job with his chilling performance as the crazed assassin Anton Chigurh in the Coen siblings' movie "No Country for Old Men". The function earned him extensive recognition and various honors, including the Academy Award, BAFTA Award, and Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor.
Bardem remained to handle diverse and also tough roles, starring as the romantic lead in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" (2008), directed by Woody Allen
, and also as the villain in the Bond movie "Skyfall" (2012). Both movies obtained widespread vital praise and also strengthened Bardem's status as one of one of the most versatile actors in the film sector.
In 2017, Bardem handled the role of Captain Salazar in the blockbuster "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales". Most lately, he appeared in the critically acclaimed drama "Mother!" (2017), directed by Darren Aronofsky
, as well as signed up with the actors of the extremely prepared for adjustment of Frank Herbert's
"Dune" (2021), routed by Denis Villeneuve.
Javier Bardem started dating fellow Spanish actor Penélope Cruz, his co-star in numerous films, in 2007. The couple wed in a personal ceremony in the Bahamas in 2010 and also have two kids with each other, kid Leo and also child Luna.
Bardem is likewise an outspoken protestor, supporting for humanitarian as well as ecological reasons. He has worked with organizations such as Greenpeace as well as the UNHCR to raise understanding of essential global concerns.
Throughout his profession, Javier Bardem has differentiated himself as one of one of the most skilled and also versatile stars in the movie sector, garnering various awards as well as distinctions for his remarkable and also effective efficiencies. With his commitment to his craft and his ongoing quest of tough functions, Bardem shows no signs of decreasing, leaving audiences delighted of what lies ahead in his fabled occupation.
Our collection contains 33 quotes who is written / told by Javier.
Related authors: Woody Allen (Director), Alejandro Amenabar (Director), Frank Herbert (Writer), Darren Aronofsky (Director), Tom Cruise (Actor), Pedro Almodovar (Director), Elizabeth Gilbert (Novelist)
- 1990 The Ages of Lulu (Drama)
- 1992 Amo tu cama rica (Comedy, Romance)
- 1993 Golden Balls (Comedy, Drama)
- 1995 Mouth to Mouth (Comedy)
- 1997 Dance with the Devil (Action, Thriller)
- 1999 Second Skin (Romance, Drama)
- 2000 Before Night Falls (Drama)
- 2002 The Dancer Upstairs (Crime, Drama, Romance, Thriller)
- 2004 Collateral (Drama, Crime, Thriller)
- 2006 Hécuba: un sueño de pasión (Documentary)
- 2007 Love in the Time of Cholera (Drama, Romance)
- 2008 Vicky Cristina Barcelona (Drama, Romance)
- 2008 No Country for Old Men: Josh Brolin's Unauthorized Behind the Scenes (Documentary)
- 2009 Miloš Forman - What Doesn't Kill You… (Documentary)
- 2010 Biutiful (Drama)
- 2010 14 Actors Acting
- 2012 Sons of the Clouds: The Last Colony (Documentary)
- 2012 Skyfall (Action, Adventure, Thriller)
- 2012 To the Wonder (Drama, Romance)
- 2013 The Counselor (Thriller, Crime, Drama)
- 2017 The Last Face (Drama)
- 2017 Loving Pablo (Crime, Drama)
- 2017 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Adventure, Action, Fantasy)
- 2018 Thy Kingdom Come (Drama)
- 2020 The Roads Not Taken (Drama)
- 2021 Being the Ricardos (Drama, History)
- 2021 The Good Boss (Comedy, Drama)
- 2022 Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile (Comedy, Family, Music)