Julie Benz Biography
Early Life as well as Education
Julie Marie Benz was born upon May 1, 1972, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. She is the child of George Benz, a doctor, and Joanne Marie Benz, a figure skater. Julie grew up in Murrysville, Pennsylvania, with her older sibling and sister, Jeffrey as well as Jennifer. When she was just 3 years old, Julie started ice skating, complying with in her mother's footprints. She and her sis completed in the sporting activity, at some point coming to be the 1988 U.S. Junior Ice Dance Champions.
Benz went to Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, where she excelled academically and also was associated with different after-school activities. After graduating in 1990, Julie took place to research acting at New York University, where she realized her true enthusiasm for doing arts.
Julie Benz started her performing occupation in the early 1990s with a visitor duty on the television show, "Hello there Honey, I'm Home!" in 1991. In 1996, she landed her very first repeating role as Kathleen Topolsky in the tv collection "Roswell".
Nonetheless, it remained in 1997 when Julie's occupation catapulted to popularity after being cast as Darla, the vampire sweetheart of Angel (played by David Boreanaz) in the hit TV program "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". She repeated her function in the spin-off collection "Angel", where her character became a series routine.
Throughout her career, Julie has appeared in many television collection as well as films. Several of her most notable tv roles consist of playing Rita Morgan in the critically well-known collection "Dexter", for which she won a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress; Stephanie Powell in "No Ordinary Family"; and Mayor Amanda Rosewater in "Defiance".
In movie, Benz has actually appeared in movies like "Jawbreaker" (1999), "The Brothers" (2001), "Rambo" (2008), as well as "Saw V" (2008).
On May 30, 1998, Julie Benz married actor John Kassir, yet the pair divorced in 2007. Afterward, she dated Rich Orosco, an advertising and marketing exec, as well as the two became involved on June 23, 2011. The pair wed on May 5, 2012, in an exclusive ceremony in the Los Angeles location.
Throughout her career, Julie has actually worked with lots of remarkable actors, including Michael C. Hall
, David Boreanaz, and Grant Bowler. She is understood for her dedication to her craft, her outstanding work principles, and also her kind as well as charitable nature.
Philanthropy as well as Activism
Julie Benz is an active fan of charitable companies and also charities. She has been entailed with charitable events like the Revlon Run/Walk for Women as well as the Children's Hospital Los Angeles, increasing funds and recognition for causes such as bust cancer research and improved look after children with lethal health problems.
In 2010, Julie was granted the Humane Society of the United States' Humane Advocate Award for using her system to spread out understanding concerning pet civil liberties issues and functioning to finish animal cruelty.
Julie Benz has actually established herself as a gifted as well as functional actress throughout her career, recognized for taking on complicated as well as multi-faceted personalities. She has gained numerous honors and also elections for her work with tv as well as has actually gained the respect and adoration of both her peers and also fans. Julie's commitment to philanthropy and activism additional highlights her gracious spirit as well as commitment to making a positive impact in the world.
Our collection contains 25 quotes who is written / told by Julie.
Related authors: Lawrence Taylor (Athlete), Michael C. Hall (Actor)
- 1999 Jawbreaker (Comedy, Crime)
- 1999 Dirt Merchant (Comedy, Thriller, Mystery)
- 2000 Satan's School for Girls (TV Movie, Drama, Horror)
- 2000 Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth (Comedy)
- 2001 The Brothers (Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 2003 George of the Jungle 2 (Adventure, Comedy, Family)
- 2005 Bad Girls from Valley High (Comedy, Thriller)
- 2005 Locusts: The 8th Plague (Drama, Horror)
- 2006 Kill Your Darlings (Comedy, Thriller)
- 2007 Halo 3 Essentials
- 2008 Saw V (Horror, Thriller, Crime)
- 2009 The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day (Action, Thriller, Crime)
- 2009 Uncorked (Drama, Romance, TV Movie)
- 2010 Bedrooms (Drama, Romance)
- 2013 Taken: The Search for Sophie Parker (Thriller, Mystery, TV Movie)
- 2015 Charming Christmas (TV Movie, Romance)
- 2015 Life on the Line (Action, Drama)
- 2016 Havenhurst (Horror, Mystery, Thriller)
- 2017 Christmas Homecoming (Drama, TV Movie, Romance)
- 2019 Foster Boy (Drama, Mystery, Thriller)
- 2020 Nocturne (Horror, Mystery, Thriller, Music)
- 2021 Secrets of a Gold Digger Killer (Crime, Drama, TV Movie)