Kyra Sedgwick Biography
Early Life as well as Family
Kyra Minturn Sedgwick was born on August 19, 1965, in New York City, USA. She is the little girl of Patricia Rosenwald, a family members and also marriage counselor, and Henry Sedgwick V, an effective investor. Her mom is Jewish, while her dad was an Episcopalian. Sedgwick's moms and dads separated when she was young, as well as she went on to have actually a stepfather called Ben Heller, an art car dealership supervisor.
Kyra's family members is likewise deeply rooted in the arts and also entertainment industry, with a lineage that consists of several musicians, authors, as well as actors. Her concerned family tree traces back to William Ellery, one of the founding dads as well as a signatory on the United States Declaration of Independence. Her grandfather, Henry Dwight Sedgwick III, was a noticeable historian as well as writer. She is likewise a cousin of the actress Edie Sedgwick and a distant relative of the writer John Sedgwick.
Sedgwick attended Friends Seminary, a Quaker institution in Manhattan, and later finished from Walnut Hill School, a boarding institution in Massachusetts that highlights the arts. After secondary school, she examined acting at the prominent Neighborhood Playhouse School of Theatre in New York City and also the Actors Studio under Lee Strasberg's
Kyra Sedgwick made her tv launching in the daytime drama "Another World" when she was 16. She promptly transitioned right into film, touchdown duties in movies such as "War as well as Love" (1985) as well as "Tai-Pan" (1986). Nonetheless, her breakout duty included her portrayal of Julia Shearer in the 1988 film "Lemon Sky", alongside Kevin Bacon
. The same year, she also appeared in "Born on the Fourth of July", which starred Tom Cruise
Throughout the '90s, Sedgwick continued to function gradually in both movie and also tv. She appeared in films like "Singles" (1992), "Heart and Souls" (1993), "Something to Talk About" (1995), as well as "Phenomenon" (1996), among several others.
In 2005, Sedgwick took on the role of Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson in the TNT crime drama collection "The Closer". Her portrayal made her both important honor and also countless honor nominations, consisting of a Golden Globe win in 2007 for Best Actress in a Television Series Drama as well as an Emmy in 2010 for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. "The Closer" ended its run in 2012 after seven successful seasons.
After "The Closer", Sedgwick continued her performing profession, starring in movies like "The Edge of Seventeen" (2016) and TV collection such as "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" and "Ten Days in the Valley". Additionally, she made her directorial launching in the 2017 Lifetime movie, "Story of a Girl".
Kyra Sedgwick is married to actor Kevin Bacon
, whom she met on the collection of "Lemon Sky" in 1988. The pair got married on September 4, 1988, as well as have two children together-- a son, Travis, born in 1989, and also a little girl, Sosie, born in 1992. Sosie has also embarked on an acting occupation and co-starred in "13 Reasons Why" and also "Here and Now".
Outside of her acting career, Sedgwick is associated with numerous kind activities. She is a supporter for the environment, supporting companies like the Natural Resources Defense Council, and a board member of the not-for-profit organization Food Allergy Initiative, which elevates awareness and also funds for food allergic reaction research.
In recap, Kyra Sedgwick's remarkable skill and dedication to her acting career have actually earned her countless awards and recognition throughout her over 30-year job in the show business. Along with her successful career, she has actually kept a strong domesticity and has actually been an energetic participant in numerous humanitarian initiatives.
Our collection contains 30 quotes who is written / told by Kyra.
Related authors: Tom Cruise (Actor), Kevin Bacon (Actor), Lee Strasberg (Director)
- 1985 War and Love
- 1986 Tai-Pan (Adventure, Drama, History)
- 1987 The Man Who Broke 1,000 Chains (Drama)
- 1988 Kansas (Drama, Thriller, Crime, Romance)
- 1988 Lemon Sky (Drama)
- 1991 Women & Men 2: In Love There Are No Rules (Drama, TV Movie)
- 1991 Pyrates (Romance, Comedy, Drama)
- 1992 Singles (Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 1993 Family Pictures (Drama, TV Movie)
- 1993 Heart and Souls (Fantasy, Comedy, Romance)
- 1995 Murder in the First (Crime, Drama)
- 1996 Losing Chase (Drama, Romance)
- 1997 Critical Care (Comedy, Drama)
- 1998 Montana (Drama, Action, Comedy, Crime)
- 2000 Labor Pains (Romance, Comedy, Drama)
- 2002 Door to Door (TV Movie, Drama)
- 2002 Personal Velocity (Drama)
- 2002 Just a Kiss (Comedy, Romance)
- 2003 Behind the Red Door (Drama, TV Movie)
- 2004 Cavedweller (Drama)
- 2005 Loverboy (Drama, Romance)
- 2008 Justice League: The New Frontier (Action, Adventure, Animation, Science Fiction, Family)
- 2012 Man on a Ledge (Action, Thriller, Crime)
- 2012 The Possession (Horror, Thriller)
- 2013 Kill Your Darlings (Drama, Romance, Thriller)
- 2013 Chlorine (Drama, Comedy)
- 2014 Reach Me (Drama)
- 2014 The Road Within (Comedy, Drama)
- 2015 Big Sky (Drama, Thriller)
- 2016 The Edge of Seventeen (Comedy, Drama)
- 2019 Villains (Comedy, Horror, Drama)
Source / external links: