Thomas Haden Church Biography
Thomas Haden Church, born Thomas Richard McMillen, is an American actor, director, and also author, best understood for his functions in iconic movies and tv series such as "Wings", "Ned & Stacey", "Laterally", and "Spider-Man 3". Born upon June 17, 1960, in Forest, The golden state, Church grew up in a tight-knit household with roots in the rural area of Laredo, Texas.
Church participated in the University of North Texas, where he examined both radio, tv, and also movie, along with acting. He originally sought an occupation in voiceover job and obtained some success on regional radio. Nevertheless, it was his need to operate in front of the video camera that eventually led him to Hollywood.
In the late 1980s, Church transferred to Los Angeles and also quickly developed himself as an actor in tv as well as film. His very first significant function can be found in the hit television series "Cheers", which brought about his casting as the protagonist, Lowell Mather, in the preferred sitcom "Wings". For 6 seasons, from 1990 to 1995, Church depicted the dim-witted auto mechanic as well as came to be an instant follower fave.
After leaving "Wings", Church continued to work in television with a leading role in the comedy series "Ned & Stacey", contrary Debra Messing
. His film career also began to pick up vapor with looks in motion pictures like "George of the Jungle" (1997) and "The Specials" (2000).
Church's breakthrough role was available in 2004 when he starred alongside Paul Giamatti
in the seriously well-known movie "Sideways". Directed by Alexander Payne
, the movie adhered to 2 middle-aged guys on a wine-tasting trip of California. Church's representation of the unfaithful, washed-up actor Jack amassed him numerous honors as well as elections, including an Academy Award election for Best Supporting Actor.
Following the success of "Sideways", Church's career reached new heights with his function as the villain Flint Marko, aka Sandman, in the 2007 blockbuster "Spider-Man 3". Directed by Sam Raimi
, the movie starred Tobey Maguire
as the eponymous superhero as well as Kirsten Dunst
as his love rate of interest, Mary Jane Watson.
Throughout the years, Church has remained to work in both movie and also tv, starring in projects like the HBO series "Divorce" (2016-2019) alongside Sarah Jessica Parker
as well as Thomas Middleditch, as well as showing up in well-known movies such as "We Bought a Zoo" (2011) with Matt Damon
and also Scarlett Johansson
Along with acting, Church has ventured into guiding and also creating. His directorial debut, "Rolling Kansas", was launched in 2003. The screwball funny, which Church additionally co-wrote, starred Jay Paulson, Sam Huntington, as well as Johnny Bartee as 3 brothers on a road trip to discover a hidden marijuana area.
Thomas Haden Church is understood for his special acting design as well as capacity to bring depth to even the most unique personalities. With a career covering over three years, he remains to be among Hollywood's many functional and also talented actors.
Our collection contains 30 quotes who is written / told by Thomas.
Related authors: Scarlett Johansson (Actress), Sam Raimi (Director), Paul Giamatti (Actor), Debra Messing (Actress), Alexander Payne (Director), Tobey Maguire (Actor), Sarah Jessica Parker (Actress), Matt Damon (Actor), Kirsten Dunst (Actress)
- 1995 Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (Horror, Comedy, Thriller)
- 1998 Susan's Plan (Comedy, Crime)
- 1999 Goosed (Comedy)
- 2000 The Specials (Comedy, Fantasy)
- 2001 3000 Miles to Graceland (Action, Adventure, Comedy, Crime, Thriller)
- 2003 George of the Jungle 2 (Adventure, Comedy, Family)
- 2004 The killer.com (Comedy)
- 2004 Serial Killing 101 (Horror, Comedy)
- 2004 Sideways (Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 2006 Charlotte's Web (Comedy, Family, Fantasy)
- 2006 Broken Trail: The Making of a Legendary Western (Documentary, Western)
- 2007 Spider-Man 3 (Fantasy, Action, Adventure)
- 2009 Don McKay (Crime, Mystery, Thriller)
- 2010 Zombie Roadkill (Horror, Comedy)
- 2010 With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story (Documentary)
- 2011 We Bought a Zoo (Drama, Comedy, Family)
- 2011 Another Happy Day (Comedy, Drama)
- 2012 John Carter (Action, Adventure, Science Fiction)
- 2013 Whitewash (Drama, Thriller)
- 2015 Max (Adventure, Drama)
- 2015 Daddy's Home (Comedy)
Source / external links: