Nia Long Biography
Nia Long, birthed Nitara Carlynn Long on October 30, 1970, is an American actress. She was birthed in Brooklyn, New York City, to Talita (née Gillman), a teacher as well as printmaker, and Doughtry Long, a high school instructor as well as poet. Her family is of Trinidadian, Grenadian, and Bajan (Barbados) descent. Long has an older half-sister named Sommore, who is a funnyman and actress.
Nia Long's parents divorced when she was 2 years of ages, and she relocated to Iowa City, Iowa, with her mom. A few years later on, they transferred to South Los Angeles, California. Long attended St. Mary's Academy, an all-girls Catholic school in Inglewood, and also graduated from Westchester High School in Los Angeles in 1989. She later sought an acting occupation, researching at the Santa Monica College Theater Arts Department.
Acting Career: Television Roles
Long began her job in the show business with small roles in tv programs. Her early work included an appearance in a 1990 episode of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air", starring Will Smith
. In 1991, she joined the cast of the NBC soap opera "Guiding Light" as Katherine "Kat" Speakes.
In 1994, Long landed the duty of Lisa Wilkes in "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air", which brought her substantial recognition. She continued to work with television with a reoccuring function in the police procedural "New York Undercover", playing Sandra Gill from 1994 to 1995.
Long also showed up in numerous prominent television shows, such as "ER", "Living Single", "Moesha", "Judging Amy", and "Boston Legal". From 2004 to 2005, she had a recurring function as Kareema in the TV collection "Third Watch", as well as from 2017 to 2018, Long appeared in the television collection "Empire" as Giuliana Green.
Performing Career: Film Roles
Nia Long's movie launching came in 1991 when she showed up in "Boyz n the Hood", a critically well-known film directed by John Singleton
. Her role as Brandi in the film noted the beginning of her successful job in movies.
In 1995, Long starred together with Ice Cube
in the comedy "Friday". Her various other remarkable duties consist of playing Nina Mosley in "Love Jones" (1997), Jordan Armstrong in "The Best Man" (1999), and also Sasha Franklin in "The Best Man Holiday" (2013).
Throughout her occupation, Long has belonged to numerous effective films, such as "Soul Food" (1997), "In Too Deep" (1999), "Big Momma's House" (2000) as well as its sequel "Big Momma's House 2" (2006), as well as "Are We There Yet?" (2005) as well as its follow up "Are We Done Yet?" (2007). She remains to operate in both movie and tv.
Nia Long has remained in a relationship with Ime Udoka, a former NBA player as well as current NBA aide train, given that 2010. The couple invited their kid, Kez Sunday Udoka, in 2011. Long also has an older boy, Massai Zhivago Dorsey II, birthed in 2000, from a previous connection with Massai Dorsey.
Long is a supporter for social justice as well as has actually been involved in a number of charitable organizations, including Black Girls Rock! as well as the United Nations Foundation. Nia Long is a motivation to many as well as a trailblazer in Hollywood, remaining to damage obstacles for black starlets.
Our collection contains 26 quotes who is written / told by Nia.
Related authors: Deborah Cox (Musician), Will Smith (Actor), Morris Chestnut (Actor), Ice Cube (Musician), Sanaa Lathan (Actress), John Singleton (Director)
- 1986 The B.R.A.T. Patrol (Comedy, Family, Adventure)
- 1989 Buried Alive (Horror, Thriller)
- 1991 Boyz n the Hood (Crime, Drama)
- 1993 Made in America (Comedy)
- 1995 Friday (Comedy)
- 1997 Soul Food (Comedy, Drama)
- 1997 Hav Plenty (Comedy, Romance)
- 1997 Love Jones (Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 1998 Butter (Action, Thriller)
- 1999 The Best Man (Drama, Comedy)
- 1999 Stigmata (Horror, Thriller)
- 1999 In Too Deep (Drama, Action, Thriller, Crime)
- 1999 Held Up (Comedy)
- 1999 The Secret Laughter of Women (Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 2000 Big Momma's House (Crime, Comedy)
- 2000 If These Walls Could Talk 2 (Romance, Drama)
- 2002 Sightings: Heartland Ghost (Horror, Thriller, TV Movie)
- 2004 Baadasssss! (Drama)
- 2005 Are We There Yet? (Family, Adventure, Comedy, Romance)
- 2007 Are We Done Yet? (Family, Comedy)
- 2007 Premonition (Thriller, Drama, Mystery)
- 2008 Gospel Hill (Drama, Mystery, Thriller)
- 2009 Good Hair (Documentary, Comedy)
- 2011 The Enduring Significance of 'Boyz n the Hood' (Documentary)
- 2011 Mooz-lum (Drama)
- 2013 The Best Man Holiday (Comedy)
- 2016 Keanu (Action, Comedy, Crime)
- 2017 Roxanne Roxanne (Drama)
- 2017 Beaches (Drama, TV Movie)
- 2019 47 Meters Down: Uncaged (Horror, Drama, Adventure)
- 2020 Life in a Year (Drama, Romance)
- 2020 The Banker (Drama)
- 2020 Fatal Affair (Thriller)
- 2022 Look Both Ways (Romance, Drama, Comedy)
- 2023 Missing (Thriller, Mystery)
- 2023 You People (Romance, Comedy)