Wil Wheaton Biography
Wil Wheaton, born Richard William Wheaton III, was born upon July 29, 1972, in Burbank, California, USA. He is an actor, author, as well as producer understood for his functions in numerous television collection and also movies. Wil matured in a household where both of his moms and dads operated in the medical field; his papa, Richard Wheaton Jr., was a radiologist, as well as his mommy, Debra "Debbie" Wheaton, was a starlet and acting trainer. At a young age, Wil created a rate of interest in the arts and also began participating in institution plays to refine his acting abilities.
Surge to Fame
Wheaton's very first major function came with the age of 14 when he was cast as Gordie Lachance in the 1986 film "Stand by Me", based on the Stephen King
novella "The Body". This motion picture was an important as well as commercial success, as well as it contributed in introducing Wheaton's acting occupation. In 1987, Wil joined the cast of the prominent sci-fi television collection "Star Trek: The Next Generation", playing the function of Wesley Crusher. Wil stayed on the program from 1987 up until 1991 and showed up in an overall of 86 episodes.
Throughout his acting career, Wheaton has shown up in notable TV programs such as "The Big Bang Theory", where he played a fictionalized version of himself, and also "Leverage". Furthermore, he has lent his voice to well-known animated series, consisting of "Teen Titans" and "Family Guy".
Transition to Writing and also Voice Acting
As Wil Wheaton's acting occupation proceeded, he began to explore other imaginative outlets, including writing and voice performing. In 2001, Wil began his blog, "Wil Wheaton Dot Net", which concentrates on various topics such as pc gaming, modern technology, and also sci-fi. Wheaton has actually also published a number of publications, both fiction and non-fiction, including "Dancing Barefoot", "Just a Geek", as well as "The Happiest Days of Our Lives".
In addition to his written job, Wheaton has actually discovered success as a voice actor, especially in the video gaming sector. He has provided voice-over benefit various computer game, including "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas", "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2", and also "DC Universe Online". Wheaton's unique voice as well as expressive narrative design have also made him a popular audiobook narrator.
Table Top Gaming and Content Creation
A lifelong lover of tabletop video gaming, Wheaton has become a noticeable number in the video gaming community. In 2012, he created and also held the popular web collection "Tabletop" on the Geek & Sundry YouTube network. The program includes Wheaton playing various board games with celeb guests, helping present visitors to brand-new video games and promoting the tabletop gaming pastime.
Along with "Tabletop", Wheaton has actually additionally looked like a guest on different podcasts as well as live-streamed video gaming shows, such as "Critical Role" as well as "Acquisitions Incorporated". His participation within the video gaming community has actually additionally developed him as a well-respected number in the globe of nerd culture.
Wil Wheaton is wed to Anne Wheaton, with whom he has 2 kids from Anne's previous partnership, Ryan and also Nolan. Wil is likewise a forthright advocate for psychological health and wellness understanding and has openly discussed his struggles with depression as well as anxiety. By leveraging his public platform, Wheaton has actually used his very own experiences to spread understanding and also assistance destigmatize psychological health issues.
From his early days as a child actor to his current functions as an author, voice actor, and tabletop pc gaming lover, Wil Wheaton has actually proven to be a flexible and long-lasting number within the show business. With his ongoing enthusiasms and also innovative searches, it appears that Wheaton will remain a prominent figure in the world of popular culture for many years to come.
Our collection contains 3 quotes who is written / told by Wil.
Related authors: Tom Clancy (Novelist), Stephen King (Author), Lawrence Taylor (Athlete), Ice T (Musician)
- 1981 A Long Way Home (TV Movie, Drama)
- 1982 The Secret of NIMH (Family, Animation, Fantasy, Adventure)
- 1986 Stand by Me (Crime, Drama)
- 1986 The Defiant Ones (TV Movie, Drama)
- 1986 Long Time Gone (Action, TV Movie, Drama)
- 1987 Young Harry Houdini
- 1988 Dare to Say No! (Documentary)
- 1991 The Last Prostitute (Drama, TV Movie)
- 1991 December (Drama)
- 1994 The Liars' Club (Drama, Thriller)
- 1995 It Was Him or Us (Drama)
- 1995 Mr. Stitch
- 1996 Pie in the Sky (Comedy, Romance)
- 1997 Flubber (Comedy, Family, Science Fiction)
- 2000 Walking the Tracks: The Summer of Stand by Me (Documentary)
- 2000 The Girls' Room (Comedy, Drama)
- 2000 Deep Core (Action, Science Fiction, Thriller)
- 2003 Book of Days (Drama)
- 2012 Reunification - 25 Years After Star Trek: The Next Generation (Documentary)
- 2014 To Be Takei (Documentary)
- 2014 Video Games: The Movie (History, Documentary, Animation)
- 2016 Neil Gaiman: Dream Dangerously (Documentary)
- 2017 Transformers: Titans Return (Adventure, Science Fiction, Fantasy)
- 2019 Never Surrender: A Galaxy Quest Documentary (Documentary)
- 2020 Max Reload and the Nether Blasters (Comedy, Science Fiction)
- 2022 In Search of Tomorrow (Documentary, Science Fiction)
Source / external links: