Julia Stiles Biography
Julia Stiles, an accomplished actor, supervisor, as well as author, was born upon March 28, 1981, in New York City, USA. She was birthed to John O'Hara
, an entrepreneur, as well as Judith Stiles, a potter. Julia comes from a family members of three children with 2 younger brother or sisters: Jane as well as Johnny.
Elevated in an extremely innovative and creative atmosphere, Stiles created a very early rate of interest in acting through her parents' motivation. As a child, Stiles routinely went to the La MaMa Theatre Company, where she fell in love with the stage. She started her profession at the tender age of 11, when she signed up with the Ridge Theater Company and starred in numerous manufacturings.
After a few looks in television commercials, she made her display launching with the television series Ghostwriter in 1993. Her big break came when she starred together with Heath Ledger in the 1999 movie, 10 Things I Hate About You, based upon Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew. The film was a box-office success and catapulted her into the general public eye.
Julia's skill as well as acting prowess allowed her to carve out her particular niche in Hollywood over the following few years. Several of her most notable projects include Save the Last Dance (2001), in which she played a mourning prodigy ballerina, as well as the Bourne film franchise (2002-2016) together with Matt Damon
In 2003, Julia Stiles transitioned from acting to composing and also routing short movies. She was specifically affected by the job of late filmmaker Ingmar Bergman
, whose job she has actually mentioned as having an extensive effect on her both as a star as well as filmmaker. Her interest for guiding finished in her directorial debut, a short movie entitled Raving (2007), which made laurels at different film events, consisting of the Tribeca Film Festival.
Stiles is likewise a real stage actress at heart. Remarkable performances include the titular role in David Mamet's
Oleanna in 2009 as well as a turn as Lumen Pierce on the hit television collection Dexter in 2010. Her deal with Dexter made her a Golden Globe and Primetime Emmy election for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series.
Regardless of her success on stage and display, Stiles keeps a level-headed approach to her profession, stabilizing her acting searches with her individual life. She participated in Columbia University, graduating in 2005 with a level in English Literature. In 2017, Julia wed her longtime companion, cameraman Preston J. Cook, with whom she shares a kid.
Throughout her profession, Julia Stiles has actually demonstrated a phenomenal series of talent, dedication, as well as intelligence in her craft. As an increasingly functional as well as dedicated actor, director, and author, Julia Stiles has securely developed herself as an awesome musician within the world of film and also theatre.
Our collection contains 6 quotes who is written / told by Julia.
Related authors: Ingmar Bergman (Director), Sean Patrick Thomas (Actor), Lawrence Taylor (Athlete), John O'Hara (Writer), Selma Blair (Actress), Larisa Oleynik (Actress), David Mamet (Dramatist), Matt Damon (Actor)
- 1997 The Devil's Own (Crime, Thriller, Drama)
- 1997 Before Women Had Wings (Drama, TV Movie)
- 1998 Wide Awake (Comedy, Drama, Family)
- 1998 Wicked (Thriller)
- 2000 Down to You (Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 2000 Hamlet (Drama)
- 2001 The Business of Strangers (Drama, Thriller)
- 2001 Save the Last Dance (Drama, Family, Romance, Music)
- 2002 The Bourne Identity (Action, Drama, Mystery, Thriller)
- 2003 A Guy Thing (Comedy, Romance)
- 2003 Mona Lisa Smile (Drama, History, Romance)
- 2003 Carolina (Comedy, Romance)
- 2004 The Prince & Me (Comedy, Romance)
- 2004 The Bourne Supremacy (Action, Drama, Thriller)
- 2005 Edmond (Drama, Thriller)
- 2005 A Little Trip to Heaven (Drama, Thriller)
- 2006 The Omen (Horror)
- 2007 The Bourne Ultimatum (Action, Drama, Mystery, Thriller)
- 2008 Gospel Hill (Drama, Mystery, Thriller)
- 2009 The Cry of the Owl (Drama)
- 2009 Passage (Drama)
- 2010 Sexting (Drama, Comedy)
- 2012 Silver Linings Playbook (Drama, Comedy, Romance)
- 2013 It's a Disaster (Comedy)
- 2013 The Makeover (Comedy)
- 2015 The Great Gilly Hopkins (Comedy, Drama, Family)
- 2015 Blackway (Thriller, Mystery)
- 2016 Misconduct (Thriller, Drama, Mystery)
- 2017 11:55 (Drama, Crime)
- 2019 Hustlers (Drama, Comedy, Crime)
- 2021 The God Committee (Thriller)
- 2022 Orphan: First Kill (Horror, Thriller)
- 2022 Halftime (Documentary, Music)