Mira Sorvino Biography
Early Life as well as Education
Mira Katherine Sorvino was born upon September 28, 1970, in Tenafly, New Jersey, USA. She is the child of actor Paul Sorvino and also Lorraine Ruth Davis, a previous actress and dramatization specialist. Growing up in a household with a solid artistic background, Mira established a deep interest in acting from an early age.
She went to Dwight-Englewood School, a private college-preparatory institution, prior to pursuing college at Harvard University. In 1990, Mira finished magna orgasm laude with a level in East Asian Studies. During her time at Harvard, she also sharpened her performing skills by participating in several stage productions.
Mira Sorvino began her performing occupation with guest appearances on tv series, such as "Swans Crossing" (1992) and "Law & Order" (1992). However, it was her duty in the 1993 film, "Amongst Friends", that captured the attention of filmmakers as well as target markets alike.
In 1995, Mira landed the role of a life time and captured her big break when she was cast as Linda Ash in Woody Allen's
"Mighty Aphrodite". Her representation of a bubbly, carefree prostitute made her an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. This advancement efficiency additionally gathered her a Golden Globe nomination.
Throughout the 1990s, Mira continued to appear in numerous films and tv series. Some significant films from this period consist of "Beautiful Girls" (1996), "Romy and Michele's High School Reunion" (1997), and also "Mimic" (1997). In 1999, she represented Marilyn Monroe
in the television movie "Norma Jean & Marilyn", gaining her a Golden Globe nomination and also an Emmy election for her performance.
Mira has remained to keep a constant acting occupation, showing up in movies such as "Summer of Sam" (1999), "The Grey Zone" (2001), and also "Reservation Road" (2007). Over the last few years, she has changed her emphasis in the direction of tv job, tackling visitor roles in prominent series such as "House" (2010), "Falling Skies" (2014), and also "Stalker" (2015). Mira likewise had a persisting duty in the TV collection "Condor" (2018).
Humanitarian and also Activist Efforts
Along with her acting career, Mira Sorvino is likewise an enthusiastic civils rights advocate. She has been dealing with Amnesty International to raise recognition regarding human trafficking considering that 2004. In 2006, she ended up being a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) to fight human trafficking. In this capability, Mira has traveled to different nations as well as checked out shelters for trafficking survivors, functioning to elevate recognition and also assistance for targets.
Mira's advocacy has been identified with various awards, consisting of the Artists for Amnesty Award at the 2006 Berlin Film Festival and the Global Advocate Award at the 2008 Mediaplanet Gala in New York. She is also a strong supporter of LGBTQ+ legal rights, females's legal rights, and pet welfare concerns.
Mira Sorvino is married to star as well as producer Christopher Backus. The couple celebrated a marriage on June 11, 2004, in an exclusive ceremony in Capri, Italy. They have 4 youngsters with each other: Mattea Angel, Johnny Christopher King, Holden Paul Terry Backus, and Lucia.
Throughout her life and also career, Mira Sorvino has actually shown a passion for acting and also altruistic causes. With an effective return to in film and also tv, she continues to be an influential figure in the entertainment industry and also a motivating advocate for human rights.
Our collection contains 30 quotes who is written / told by Mira.
Related authors: Woody Allen (Director), Marilyn Monroe (Actress), Olivier Martinez (Actor), Lawrence Taylor (Athlete), Christo (Artist)
- 1993 Amongst Friends (Crime, Drama, Action)
- 1993 New York Cop (Action, Thriller, Crime, Drama)
- 1994 Everybody Just Stay Calm (Documentary, Comedy)
- 1994 Barcelona (Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 1994 Quiz Show (History, Drama, Mystery)
- 1994 Parallel Lives (TV Movie, Drama)
- 1995 Sweet Nothing (Drama)
- 1995 Tarantella (Drama)
- 1996 Norma Jean & Marilyn (TV Movie, Drama, History)
- 1996 Jake's Women (Comedy, Drama, TV Movie)
- 1996 Beautiful Girls (Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 1997 Mimic (Fantasy, Horror, Thriller, Science Fiction)
- 1997 Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (Comedy)
- 1998 Lulu on the Bridge (Drama, Mystery, Romance, Thriller)
- 1998 Too Tired to Die (Fantasy, Comedy, Drama)
- 1999 Summer of Sam (Thriller, Drama, Crime)
- 2001 The Grey Zone (Drama, War)
- 2002 Angel of Death (Action, Thriller)
- 2002 Between Strangers (Drama)
- 2004 The Final Cut (Drama, Mystery, Science Fiction, Thriller)
- 2006 Covert One: The Hades Factor (Action, Drama, Science Fiction, Mystery)
- 2007 Reservation Road (Drama, Crime, Thriller)
- 2009 Leningrad (War, Drama)
- 2009 Like Dandelion Dust (Drama)
- 2009 The Last Templar (Adventure, Action)
- 2010 Multiple Sarcasms (Drama, Romance)
- 2010 The Presence (Drama, Horror, Thriller)
- 2011 Union Square (Drama)
- 2011 Woody Allen: A Documentary (Documentary)
- 2011 Angels Crest (Drama)
- 2012 Trade of Innocents (Drama, Thriller)
- 2012 Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life (Fantasy, Science Fiction, Family)
- 2012 Smitty (Family, Drama)
- 2013 Space Warriors (Family, Adventure, Science Fiction)
- 2014 Perfect Sisters (Thriller, Drama, Crime)
- 2014 Ava & Lala
- 2015 Chloe and Theo (Comedy, Drama)
- 2015 Do You Believe? (Fantasy, Drama)
- 2016 A Christmas to Remember (Romance, TV Movie)
- 2016 Exposed (Drama, Crime, Thriller, Mystery)
- 2017 6 Below: Miracle on the Mountain (Thriller, Drama)
- 2017 The Red Maple Leaf (Mystery, Crime, Drama)
- 2018 No One Would Tell (Drama, Thriller, Mystery, TV Movie)
- 2018 Doe (Thriller)
- 2019 Badland (Western)
- 2021 Hero Mode (Comedy, Family)
- 2021 The Girl Who Believes in Miracles (Family, Drama)
- 2021 The Perfect Victim (Documentary)
- 2022 Lamborghini: The Man Behind the Legend (Drama, History)