Jane Wyman Biography
|Born as||Sarah Jane Mayfield|
|Born||January 5, 1917|
St. Joseph, Missouri, USA
|Died||September 10, 2007|
Rancho Mirage, California, USA
Jane Wyman, birthed Sarah Jane Mayfield on January 5, 1917, in St. Joseph, Missouri, USA, was an Academy Award-winning actress, vocalist, as well as professional dancer that starred in many films and tv programs, attaining a profession that spanned greater than 6 decades. She especially played the character Angela Channing in the tv show "Falcon Crest" from 1981 to 1990. Wyman died on September 10, 2007, in Rancho Mirage, California.
Wyman's early life was tumultuous as her moms and dads, Manning Jeffreys Mayfield and also Gladys Christian, split up before she turned 2 years of ages. She was then adopted by her foster moms and dads, Richard and Emma Fulks. However, she reunited with her organic mommy and think her last name later on. In numerous meetings, Wyman confessed that she sustained a severe youth with momentary guardians as well as different establishments.
She transferred to Los Angeles in the early 1930s with the aspiration of locating a profession in show business. She started working at MGM Studios as a carolers lady, as well as not long after, she showed up in a number of small role in films, such as "The King's Vacation" (1933) and "Elmer, the Great" (1933). She obtained her luck in 1936 when she signed an agreement with Warner Bros. In 1937, Wyman starred in "Public Wedding", the initial of her lots of leading roles.
Wyman's acting job steadily expanded, and she starred in countless films, consisting of "Brother Rat" (1938), "Johnny Belinda" (1948), as well as "Magnificent Obsession" (1954). Her representation of a deaf-mute rape survivor in "Johnny Belinda" won her an Academy Award for Best Actress.
In her individual life, one of Jane Wyman's most notable relationships was with star Ronald Reagan
, whom she met on the collection of "Brother Rat". They wed in 1940 and also had 2 children with each other-- Maureen Reagan
and Michael Reagan
. The couple appeared in a number of films with each other, yet their marital relationship did not last. They divided in the late 1940s and also eventually separated in 1948. Wyman was married three other times-- to Myron Futterman from 1937 to 1938, Fred Karger from 1952 to 1955, and Karger once more from 1961 to 1965.
In the 1950s and also 1960s, Wyman proceeded her movie as well as tv profession, with notable functions in "Pollyanna" (1960), "The Blue Veil" (1951), and also "Here Comes the Groom" (1951). She starred in her very own compilation series, "The Jane Wyman Show", from 1955 to 1958. She after that relaxed from substituting some years yet returned with the duty of a conniving matriarch in the tv series "Falcon Crest" in 1981. The show brought her back into the limelight as well as made her multiple Golden Globe nominations.
Throughout her occupation, Jane Wyman acted in over 80 movies, got four Oscar nominations, and showed up in many television programs. She was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1960. Her commitment to acting and also her capability to effectively change from the silver screen to television made Jane Wyman among Hollywood's a lot of cherished as well as enduring celebrities.
Our collection contains 3 quotes who is written / told by Jane.
Related authors: Maureen Reagan (Celebrity), Michael Reagan (Radio host), Ronald Reagan (President), Lawrence Taylor (Athlete)
- 1933 Elmer, the Great (Comedy)
- 1934 Harold Teen (Comedy, Romance)
- 1937 Smart Blonde (Mystery, Crime)
- 1937 Mr. Dodd Takes the Air (Comedy, Music)
- 1937 The King and the Chorus Girl (Romance, Comedy)
- 1937 Slim (Drama, Romance)
- 1937 Public Wedding (Comedy)
- 1937 Little Pioneer
- 1938 Brother Rat (Comedy)
- 1938 The Crowd Roars (Drama, Action)
- 1939 The Kid from Kokomo (Romance, Comedy)
- 1939 Torchy Blane.. Playing with Dynamite (Action, Crime, Comedy)
- 1939 Breakdowns of 1939 (Documentary, Comedy)
- 1940 Tugboat Annie Sails Again (Comedy, Drama, Romance)
- 1940 My Love Came Back (Comedy, Drama, Music)
- 1940 Flight Angels (Drama)
- 1940 Brother Rat and a Baby (Comedy)
- 1941 Honeymoon for Three (Comedy)
- 1942 My Favorite Spy (Comedy)
- 1942 Larceny, Inc. (Comedy, Crime)
- 1942 Shoot Yourself Some Golf
- 1944 Crime by Night (Mystery, Drama)
- 1944 The Doughgirls (Comedy)
- 1944 Make Your Own Bed (Comedy)
- 1945 The Lost Weekend (Drama)
- 1946 One More Tomorrow (Romance, Drama, Comedy)
- 1947 Magic Town (Comedy, Romance)
- 1948 Johnny Belinda (Drama)
- 1949 The Lady Takes a Sailor (Comedy, Romance)
- 1950 The Glass Menagerie (Drama)
- 1951 The Blue Veil (Drama)
- 1951 Three Guys Named Mike (Romance, Comedy)
- 1951 Here Comes the Groom (Comedy, Music, Romance)
- 1952 The Story of Will Rogers (Comedy, Drama)
- 1953 Three Lives (Drama)
- 1953 So Big (Drama, Romance, Western)
- 1954 Magnificent Obsession (Drama, Romance)
- 1955 All That Heaven Allows (Drama, Romance)
- 1955 Lucy Gallant (Action, Drama, Romance)
- 1956 Miracle in the Rain (Drama, Romance)
- 1959 Holiday for Lovers (Comedy)
- 1960 Pollyanna (Comedy, Drama, Family)
- 1962 Bon Voyage! (Family, Comedy)
- 1969 How to Commit Marriage (Comedy)
- 1973 Amanda Fallon (Drama, TV Movie)
- 1979 The Incredible Journey of Doctor Meg Laurel (Drama, TV Movie, Adventure)
Source / external links: